one way SFO to BOM on AA no availibilty dec 10 to 17 (2012)

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by dougnet, Sep 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. dougnet

dougnet Member

Status Points:
    Anybody can help me pull this off

SFO to BOM on AA partner for two people . I have 150 K points AA.com is acting weird

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    There isn't a lot of information here to help you with.

What class of service do you want to fly in? First, business, economy?

Are those the ONLY dates you can travel on, or do you have some flexibility? If you have to travel on those dates it's possible your efforts might be more difficult.

AA.com only shows award availability on American, British Airways, Hawaiian, and Alaska Airlines, so you aren't seeing all availiability.

Have you called to ask AA if there are seats on the date you want?

edekba likes this.
  3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Using AwardTravelr ... it shows 0 space SFO - BOM between 12/10 -12/17 for 2 ppl

4. dougnet

dougnet Member

Status Points:
    Yes I did call AA and they mentioned they did not have anything for that date range not even in business or First class

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So you want an economy award, correct? Are your dates flexible or do you have to travel on that date?

6. dougnet

dougnet Member

Status Points:
    my dates are from Dec 10 to dec 18th 2012 ,eco or business class is fine.worse case I can transfer 25 K points from SPG account and top off by buying points if award travel is available only in First class

7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You realize it's 90K AA miles round trip to India, correct? So you'd need to transfer your 25K SPG points just to get economy. Business and First are much more, so unless you have even more SPG points to transfer those aren't an option for you.

I'm on the train now but will poke around later tonight to see if I can find any way to do the trip in economy.

It's not surprising there are no seats. That's right before Christmas and it's a heavy travel time.

Sunshine7 and edekba like this.
  8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I did a quick look at your dates and the only thing that looked vaguely promising is that there seems to be 2 economy seats available from BOM-JFK on Etihad on 12/18. Couldn't find anything from JFK-SFO to finish that leg though (not even sure that would go through as one ticket, I didn't have time to check), and unfortunately no luck on going SFO-BOM on 12/10. There might be something tucked away somewhere, but that's all I saw with my quick look.

9. dougnet

dougnet Member

Status Points:
    David that you for all your effort I actually wanted to clarify its one way (SFO-BOM) for two people
    I already have blocked tickets for my return award ticket on united :)

10. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Okay, it's confusing since you listed your travel dates as round trip. Let's see if we can find anything just a one way now that it's not going to cost so many miles.

11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Would you be willing to go to DEL instead of BOM and buy a ticket between the two?

If you're willing to do that, I think I see tickets you can get that will be 40K AA miles each, so 80K total for two people SFO-DEL.

Buying a one way ticket DEL-BOM on the day you'll need is currently $90 per person on Spicejet, or $60 on Kingfisher (if you are comfortable buying with them).

12. dougnet

dougnet Member

Status Points:
    quote="DestinationDavid, post: 1661688, member: 1190"]Would you be willing to go to DEL instead of BOM and buy a ticket between the two?

If you're willing to do that, I think I see tickets you can get that will be 40K AA miles each, so 80K total for two people SFO-DEL.

is this on AA metal ?

Buying a one way ticket DEL-BOM on the day you'll need is currently $90 per person on Spicejet, or $60 on Kingfisher (if you are comfortable buying with them).[/quote]

Yes .. I can do that , Once I am on Indian soil ... I can take it from there :) , you know what I mean ..

is this possible(Asia zone 2 then Asia zone 1)

I know it is going to cost more miles .. they are going to expire end of 2013 any ways

David I cant stress enough how helpful all this is ? than you once again

13. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I will send you a private message with information on what I saw. I am not sure it is still available since I was looking yesterday evening.

14. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not if you have any activity in your account they're not.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.