One-Way redemption question

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Steven Schwartz, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    So my first instinct is to plead that I've done a search, couldn't find anything, please forgive me if......

Oh yeah - this is www.milepoint.com!

Okay, I know a big advantage of the BA system is the ability to book one-way award tickets. Question is how that interfaces with two-for-one certificates? Will BA let me book 2 one way outbound and then simply convert it when the return opens up or do I have to wait for both directions to be available to be able to use the certificate? Hoping it's the former.

Thanks.

2. Rom Sac
    Original Member

Rom Sac Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are at least two different 2-for-1 variants, probably with different rules. Which one are you thinking of?

3. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry - I'm talking about the one that comes with spending $30,000 in one year on the BA Visa.

4. SFOPeter
    Original Member

SFOPeter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I did exactly this to book an outbound one way flight IAD-LHR-MUM for right after christmas using ba.com, and then when the return opened up i called ba and added the return to the original reservation. There was a $70/ticket charge to reissue along with the additional taxes/fuel charge. It took them 3 days to get it done. Oh and they still haven't charged me for the additional 135K miles but we'll see what happens. :)

Peter