One way award ticket from bos to sea

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by coolguy0007, Oct 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. coolguy0007

coolguy0007 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I have to book an award ticket for my mom from Bos to sea in December. I have a lot of delta miles. How can I get the best award ticket? I checked their site and the best award flight was 25000 miles. Is there a way to get a better deal.?

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using milepoint

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, while DL supposedly offers one way award tickets, they cost as many miles as round trip award tickets. 25000 miles for domestic coach is low, so you cannot do better than this with DL miles.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Right, Delta does not offer one-way awards at half the price of a roundtrip. So 25k is 'low' award availability in both directions. Which means that a domestic coach one-way award could run you as much as 60,000 points, even when last seat avaialbility on American would run 25k. :(

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

Indeed, DL doesn't offer reduced miles one-way awards. One thing you might consider is booking some future travel from sea to BOS to use the return portion of the ticket. You could probably also pull off an open jaw, going SFO to BOS or something, if you needed. You can book up to just shy of a year in advance...so if there is other travel you have in the works, you might as well book it using the return portion of the ticket, rather than let it evaporate.

AA, and I think UA, offer one-way awards for half the miles. If you have points with them, you might consider using one of them for a one way award...it will likely save you a bunch of miles.