One Pass Plus International Baggage?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by PAinNY, Sep 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. PAinNY
    Original Member

PAinNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did a search and didn't find an answer to this so forgive me if it has been addressed already.

With the OPP card you get first bag checked free - International travel the first bag is free anyway. Why am I charged a fee for a second bag - shouldn't this count as my free bag with the OPP card?

Just spoke with a friend who swears she didn't have to pay for the 2nd bag but I always have to pay.

Appreciate any answers
    Pat

2. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    PAinNY likes this.
  3. PAinNY
    Original Member

PAinNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you. They do charge me for the 2nd bag....always. Since I posted this I called my friend. She just flew over to Switzerland and she and her husband had one bag each and then they had a large box - a computer - and she said they shipped it free because of the One Pass Plus card. She said she flew economy....so...she is either very lucky, lying to me over something that really doesn't matter or she has more money than I think and she's really flying first...LOL
    Thanks
    Pat

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chalk your friend's free shipping up to luck. The policy is first bag free with the CC, not first time we charge you waived. If you only ever fly on international routes where it is free (not all are) and only have the card for free bags then you are not getting much value from that annual fee.

PAinNY likes this.