One Pass Plus Insurance Works!

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Ygor, Feb 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Ygor
    Original Member

Ygor Gold Member

Had a trip cut short late last year due to significant other's grandma passing away. Paid CO the 250 change fee (I was in GIG. Had just landed, and got the news. My return flight had the same crew as the outbound [​IMG])

Called Chase OP Plus and inquired about the included trip cancelation/interruption. They gave me the number of the insurance company. Took the claim over the phone, then I quickly received a claim form with some document requests in the mail (obituary/death certificate, credit card statement copies).
    Mailed back the requested documents and got a check in the mail for the 250 change fee a week later [​IMG]

Never had to use this benefit, but it is nice to know it is there. CO advised me they would have taken $50 off the change fee if I had sent them a death certificate as well, but this covered the whole thing.
    Just thought I would share that it is nice to know that in a crappy situation this is one less thing to worry about.