One Of The Airline Industry’s Greatest Mysteries

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I just wrapped up a sub-48 hour trip to Germany, during which I got very little sleep. While dragging myself out of bed and to the airport this morning at an ungodly hour I walked through my hotel's lobby and for a second thought I was in the airport's lost luggage department. There were about two dozen massive suitcases, and then two dozen rollaboard suitcases, all neatly lined up. I looked up and saw a crew from a major Asian airline. An airline where crews just have a 1-2 night layover and then turn right around. And it got me wondering, what the hell does each crew member do with two suitcases for such a short trip?! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the system that non-US airlines have. At US airlines, flight attendants carry on all their bags, and many times they have a handful of bags each which look more like an RV than a carry-on. And that's frustrating, since in many cases they're competing with passengers for limited overhead bin space. The post One Of The Airline Industry’s Greatest Mysteries appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...