One night in Dallas and the world's my oyster

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by MissBurrill, Mar 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MissBurrill
    Original Member

MissBurrill Gold Member

Status Points:
    In April I will have one night in Dallas and I need to book a hotel. I'll have about 36 hours to explore and all I know I want to do is visit the Sixth Floor Museum.

I'd love to keep my hotel under $200 and if possible have a complimentary breakfast. I'm not fussed by which chain I stay at which will shock some of you. I just want somewhere clean and safe and near the museum.

What do my Dallas experts recommend?

2. snugglening

snugglening Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hitup priceline and use betterbidding and score a cheap hotel near your place of choice

MissBurrill likes this.
  3. MissBurrill
    Original Member

MissBurrill Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been checking out expedia and have some ideas. After starting this thread I booked a table at Fearings so somewhere near the Ritz Carlton I'm thinking.

4. snugglening

snugglening Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just check betterbidding and do the priceline name your own price. Unfortunately you will not get the credited stay but your saving should be huge.

MissBurrill likes this.
  5. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's easy to get around Dallas on their light rail system and there's an HGI near the airport which you can get for less than $80 per night.

DTWBOB

MissBurrill likes this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    unless you have a specific hotel loyalty program, I'd use Priceline or Hotwire to score a room for cheap near where you want to be, then use savings to either pay for hotel breakfast or seeing as you are in a big city, dine out a local eatery(my preference)
    it appears that the light rail provides easy access to the 6th floor museum: http://www.jfk.org/go/visit

While airport is cheap, it isn't much fun staying at an airport hotel when in a big city. Obviously YMMV.

MissBurrill likes this.
  7. MissBurrill
    Original Member

MissBurrill Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you!

8. MissBurrill
    Original Member

MissBurrill Gold Member

Status Points:
    A cheaper hotel near the airport is very tempting but I'm thinking I'll stick with the big city. Thank you for the link to the 6th Floor Museum.

Sweet Willie likes this.