One more 2012 app-o-rama advice needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by andreiz, Dec 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. andreiz

andreiz Active Member

Status Points:
    Looking for advice on one more CC application round before the end of the year.

Here are the cards I have currently:
    • Citi AA Visa
    • Citi AA Amex
    • Chase Sapphire Preferred
    • Chase Ink Bold
    • Chase Freedom
    • Chase United Mileage Explorer
    • Amex Premiere Rewards Gold
    • Amex Hilton HHonors
    • Amex SPG
    • Amex SPG Business
    • Amex Business Rewards Gold
    • Barclay's US Airways Premiere MasterCard
    • B of A Hawaiian Airlines Visa
    • B of H Hawaiian Airlines Visa
    I'll be canceling Citi AA Amex, both Hawaiian Airlines Visa and maybe Amex PRG within a week or so.

So far I'm looking at Mercedes-Benz Amex Platinum and another US Airways card. Any suggestions on one more card to include in this round? I'm good on Hilton points, but suppose could build up either Avios or Priority Club accounts.

Kalboz likes this.
  2. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, then it sounds like I'd go with the 2 you mentioned already, and throw in the BA 100k Visa and and the 80k PC Visa, which I believe is still out there, though that's 2 more Chase cards.

3. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    Feeling daring? Additional Chase credit cards that you don't have in your wallet (or sock drawer), featuring these brands: Priority Club, Marriott, Hyatt.

4. aba20

aba20 Active Member

Status Points:
    I would get the citi Hilton card.

5. glynot

glynot Active Member

Status Points:
    And Citi AA Business

6. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know if you would be eligible for the MR bonus nice you have the PRG currently, check the T&C. If not you could seek out an upgrade offer.

7. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're just looking to bulk up on points then the PC Chase card might be good. If you have something specific planned within the next year and want a couple free nights then I would go with the Chase Hyatt. Make sure if you haven't already that you try and get the Hyatt Diamond Trial before you apply though. That way you'll get to free night certificates in a suite vs. a normal room :)

I just got my 2nd US Airways card... 40K free points is a beautiful thing!

Mikus33 likes this.
  8. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have not tried this seeing as I just got my Ink Bold, but depending on when you got your Ink Bold you could try the Ink Plus.

I believe I have seen somewhere on here that you can apply and when you call the reconsideration line, you explain that you want the option of paying over several months. The impression I got was that you would then get the bonus for the Ink Plus as well (and the reduced min. spend before the end of the year). Can someone confirm this for me? Am I mistaken?

9. pilotb757

pilotb757 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are correct, i did the same and it worked fine.

merice107 likes this.
  10. pilotb757

pilotb757 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you need Hilton points , I think the BOA VA card is a good choice, and the new US Bank Club Carlson card is another good choice.

11. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Theweeklyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Ink Bold offers more than 2 nights in a top tier Hyatt hotel (22k per night). If you have Hyatt status, your stay will be better off with the benefits of Diamond breakfast, upgraded, etc over the PC 80k points used as an award.

Although, I really like the SPG Business because it provides points for SPG stays and cash back for non-SPG hotel stays with Hyatt and Marriott.

I just applied for the Ink tonight for the Mrs and have an application in hand for the 100k Business Plat Amex offer. Also considering the 100k British Airways as I think it will be a limited time offer and the last BA card I had was for British Airways miles pre-Avios points.