One Mile at a Time - My four hour journey from Charles de Gaulle to Paris…

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Usually I attribute these blunders to my idiocy. This time around I won’t. I’ll give myself a bit more credit. I’m a busy person, and in this case just got back from my trip around the world on Monday afternoon, and was off to Paris on Thursday morning. That means I had zero time...
    ©One Mile at a Time, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...
  2. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

What I find amusing, in reading the blog entry and the comments, is how similar the airport-to-city transit options are for CDG-to-Central Paris and for JFK-to-Manhattan.

In both cases, people seem to think that trains are the only public transit option - trains that are part of their city's crowded commuter network, that use inconvenient stations that are often impossible for those with luggage, etc.

For some reason that I can't seem to figure out, many people seem to ignore dedicated airport-to-center-city bus services that run essentially non-stop, have your larger luggage handled for you, have few if any dodgy "local" passengers, and are not that much more expensive than the RER or the subway/airtrain combinations.
    viguera likes this.