One Mile at a Time - Did United leak the Mileage Plus changes?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

A few days ago I leaked possible details of the changes United will be making to their 2012 Mileage Plus program, which were quite substantial. Damian at Upgrd writes a post suggesting that United was actually behind the leaking: As “rumors” about the new UNITED mileage plus program has hit the...
    ©One Mile at a Time, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...
    cordray2643 likes this.
  2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Not at all surprising. If I were the SMI/J, I'd create a plan that had all the worst things combined, leak it, and see what they complained about much. Notice no one really complains about the 75K tier or the names. I'm sure that's staying. No one complains about paying outright for status ($20K for Diamond), so that probably stays, too. But people really have an issue with the spend thresholds in addition to EQM. Maybe UA will listen. We can't be sure, but since that's one of the biggest complaints, now UA knows what some people value most. If they were to just create a poll asking what's important, people would check everything.