One in four Brits has never been to Wales or Scotland

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Mar 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.eturbonews.com/28190/one-four-brits-has-never-been-wales-or-scotland

With one million more Brits traveling this year, but spending 4% less on average (1,920 per household pounds Sterling)*, it is expected that more holidaymakers look closer to home when planning their travels.
    Several bank holidays, the Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics present a great opportunity to celebrate Britishness and explore the UK - a lot of which still hasn't been seen by many. In fact, one in four Brits haven't been to Wales or Scotland (24% and 28% respectively), according to the latest survey.

http://www.eturbonews.com/28190/one-four-brits-has-never-been-wales-or-scotland

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting numbers!;)

Kalboz likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder whether the one in four have generally traveled abroad at all, for instance to the Continent ever.

uggboy and Sweet Willie like this.
  4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    still better ratios than 2/3 of US citizens not having a passport.

5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Except that no passport (and its attendant cost) is required to get in car and drive a few hours to Wales or Scotland.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  6. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    that is really amazing since the island itself really isn't that big. i LOVE Cardiff having been several times. and Glasgow is really quite nice too. i've only been to those two cities in Wales and Scotland, but quite a few other cities in England. i suppose the numbers reflect that the English prefer to go away to sunny and warm instead of stay near home.