One Aldwych London

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by TRAVELSIG, Jan 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently had meetings in London and chose to stay at One Aldwych as it was quite convenient to where I needed to be- and when possible I prefer to walk in London so this was perfect.

One Aldwych is a Campbell Grey hotel and is also affiliated with LHW so the Leaders Club card provides the benefits of late checkout and continental breakfast. Note wifi is complimentary for all customers at the hotel (excellent) and is not limited to a number of devices AFAIK- I connect my computer, smartphone, and Ipad to the network and they all work very quickly with download speeds averaging 15 mpbs.

The staff were waiting at the door and assisted with luggage and welcomed back to the hotel.

Reception was a bit busy however we did not wait for more than 2 minutes before another person arrived to help us.

The hotel was fully booked and even at capacity managed everything with a blend of luxury and competence which is not found in many hotels in London- good job.

The room was very comfortable as usual and had a good desk with a comfortable chair and a reading light- the room overlooked the Lyceum theatre which would probably be quite nice if visiting with children as this is also the theatre of the Lion King play at the moment.

The staff did a great job also of polishing shoes, the wakeup call was perfectly on time, the room was spotlessly clean, and the water was hot with good pressure and good quality comfortable towels and robes as well as nice toiletries.

Breakfast was well managed in the guest only mezzanine "Executive lounge" and also check out was good.

It has been some time (about a year) since I stayed at this hotel and I forgot how good it is- definitely a contender for one of the best hotels in London still and the location is very good for anyone working in the city or wanting to visit many of the tourist sights and theatreland.

10/10.

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent review, thanks for sharing your experiences. :)

But the One Aldwych has long parted company with Campbell Gray, as the Dukes too:

http://www.caterersearch.com/Articl...Gray-parts-company-with-One-Aldwych-hotel.htm

Glad you enjoyed the LHW benefits at the One Aldwych.

Meanwhile the Dukes parted company with LHW and is now part of SLH.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:

Thanks for pointing this out- I didn't even notice!

The hotel is still excellent and Leaders Club benefits were no problem at all to receive and the hotel is still part of LHW.

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actively wonder who owns the One Aldwych, as the owner goes as "unnamed" since opening over 12 years ago. I believe that Leaders Club is getting better and better with delivering benefits and that's good to know IMHO.

TRAVELSIG likes this.