On The Road From Nairobi to Masai Mara National Reserve

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    After not having had a restful sleep nor being sufficiently nourished, I began to wonder what was in store for me. Sure, the gregarious taxi cab driver who drove me to the hotel property from the airport last night was friendly and asked questions such as if this was my first time to Kenya and where I was from; and he did get me to the hotel property in a timely manner — but that seemed to be all that went right thus far. I did not like having to pay $50.00 for the privilege of being fingerprinted at the airport for my visa upon arrival; but then again, I do want to leave my mark on this planet. Leaving my fingerprints in a country where they will probably either store them in some dark back room or delete them altogether is not the worst thing in the world, I suppose... ...but here I am in the lobby of this hotel where the participants of the safari for which I paid were supposed to meet; and it was from here where we were to depart from Nairobi to Masai Mara National Reserve and see animals. I had no idea what was in store for me — but then again, that is what adventure is all about, is it not? Still, I cannot help but think that... The post On The Road From Nairobi to Masai Mara National Reserve appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...