On TATL flights you now have to pay for wine/beer during your meals

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by HerrO, Feb 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is new to me and perhaps also to others.

I just read (here - danish link) that you now have to pay for your wine/beer during meal service in SAS Go. This is something I did not know about. I did in November a trip to US and there this was included.

Anyone knows about this change?

Br,
    Henrik

2. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Updated info after a day where Bonusfeber amongst others contacted SAS on this.

Now the text on the web sites have changed so the beer/wine are included during meal service.

New text:

Link: http://www.flysas.com/en/travel-info/onboard/intercontinental-flights/SAS-Go/

So questions now remains - was it all a human error or a preperation?

Br,
    Henrik

OY-JFS likes this.
  3. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is not good [​IMG] The text on the web site was true - they are removing the drinks from SAS Go.

On March 1st it should be over as they are removing the service of Wine/Beer during the meal service.

Source: http://bonusfeber.dk/sas-skaerer-ser...-langruter-go/
    (danish link)

Br,
    HerrO

4. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I still think it is the right move. Most people won't care except those very active on various internet forums.....

UA and DY doesn't seems to struggle to fill their planes from Scandinavia because of this, and those choosing their flights depending on free alcohol or not in economy is a very small group

jetsetter and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Partly agree - but what is the cost savings - cannot be much when we are talking about dkk/nok/sek 50,- per seat in drinks at the max. And not the overall income is to see as a big support to the revenue in my world.

But the many samll amounts will of course be a bigger amount when all flights in the year have been add together.

But I see this as a big change in the image and this is the worser part - because now they are just more alike what DY is so why pay the fare difference?

Br,
    HerrO

6. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is now confirmed on TATL flights that one have to pay for drinks.....

I have just last week done flights to/from North America on United and Air Canada and in 2 weeks it will be on Swiss - all in Economy - so until now United is having the same standard as SAS - but for only 99 USD you can get Economy Plus and then you get a better seat pitch and free drinks - this makes this offer better than SAS as SAS Plus is way more expensive.

So SAS are getting closer to the low cost segment from a economy point of view. What is next - a fee for bagage and seat allocation?

Br,
    HerrO