"On my way"

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by milchap, Sep 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone used this AC program? and had to call upon them for help in IROPS?

ACMM likes this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Further to my thoughts on NA only travel milchap ...

Eligibility:
    • The On My Way service may be purchased:
      • for Air Canada-coded flights operated by Air Canada, as well as Air Canada Express flights operated by Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian Ltd. and Exploits Valley Air Services Ltd. for travel within Canada and between Canada and the Continental U.S.A., Hawaii and Alaska (flights operated by codeshare partners are excluded);
      • for Executive Class, Latitude, Tango Plus and Tango fares;
      • for applicable bookings made more than 96 hours prior to travel.
    • The On My Way service applies to flight disruptions that are within or beyond the airline's control, and which occur within 48 hours of your scheduled departure time.

4. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used them and it was fortuitous that I had as it was a LGA-YYZ flight in Decemeber. Lots of delays and cancellations due to a storm in YYZ.

My experience was very good! The agent offered to rebook me (next departure was the following day). This was not necessary as the agent had already done so and as an apology placed my into Exec class.

The OMW agent located a hotel (IIRC it was a nicer one in the local vicinity), suggested i could either take a taxi to the hotel or await the free shuttle. Also provided a credit for meals. It was worth it as travel insurance, but you should check if your credit card insurance offers any similar emergency services.

ACMM likes this.
  5. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have found my Plat AMEX is easier to use and without the geographic restriction; and the Concierge team now that I am SE has filled in the AC related gaps.

ACMM and milchap like this.