On-line change to a later flight...

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by slalom, Jul 26, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    When you do on-line check-in there is an option to standby for an earlier flight.

Is there a way to do an on-line change for a later flight?

2. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    For that you need to use the booking engine. STBY for an earlier flight is not a booking change but changing to a later flight is.

slalom likes this.
  3. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    How do I do that? Original booking was made through my corporate travel desk.

4. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Guessing that you should be able to do it using the Manage My Bookings link. You will need the booking reference and last name. I've not changed the time using that, but have successfully done other transactions such as upgrades to flights I haven't booked myself.

slalom likes this.
  5. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe the reservation needs to have been made on aircanada.com.

A call to the SE desk had it fixed in a few minutes (+ a $75 same day change fee)

YULtide likes this.
  6. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes anything booked on another booking engine cannot be fully handled by the AC site. Even the corporate rewards site is considered to be non AC for flight change purposes. All you can do it those bookings is change seats or request an upgrade.

7. GoldenFlyer

GoldenFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you are in a small airport sometimes when they know that the earlier flight is empty and you came early they can propose it for without even you ask and if you made a web check in then first they have to cancel it.