On 777-200ER in J...should I re-route?

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by adamhoolhorst, Jul 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. adamhoolhorst

adamhoolhorst Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just booked SFO-SIN-AKL in J with the 2nd leg SQ281 on the new 777-200ER, which will have the space beds. Thinking about switching the itinerary to
    SFO-SIN, overnight
    SIN-BNE on the A330-300
    BNE-AKL on NZ 777-200

I have enough time to take an extra day to get out there. It's my honeymoon and the last thing I want is an unhappy newly Mrs. Hoolhorst when we get to New Zealand, lol.

Thoughts?

2. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you take SQ285 (the overnight sector to AKL onboard the 77W) instead, you'll get the same long haul J hardware that you'll get on SFO-SIN. SIN-BNE for the A330-300 is the new medium haul which is nice but no where near as nice as the long haul J on the 77W. Take SQ285 if you can. Better seat, direct flight and much longer flight time to have a nice sleep compared to SIN-BNE.

SQ LPP likes this.
  3. adamhoolhorst

adamhoolhorst Silver Member

Status Points:
    I should have mentioned that it's an award booking, so sq285 does not have availability. The longer itinerary does has space (for now) which is why I was thinking of switching to it. Even for the change fee I feel like it would be worth it.