Omni Hotels & Resorts Select Guest

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by singtx, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Recent email from Omni...

Now when traveling globally, enjoy the same heightened level of personalized service you have come to know as a member of Omni's Select Guest loyalty program. We are pleased to announce as one of the founding brands within the Global Hotel Alliance, GHA Discovery—the first-ever global loyalty program uniting 12 luxury hotel brands sharing common values across nearly 300 leading hotels and resorts around the world. These values include exceptional, genuine service; distinctive, authentic properties designed in keeping with the local destination; exceptional culinary, spa and other exciting offerings; and lush surroundings ideal for business or for pleasure.

GHA Discovery offers many important benefits and perks. As a Platinum level member in the Select Guest program, you are now automatically a Platinum level member in GHA Discovery. When you stay at another GHA Discovery brand, Platinum level benefits include:

• Complimentary Internet access
    • Upgrade to next room category at check-in *
    • Late check-out up to 3pm *
    • Guaranteed room availability 48 hours prior to arrival *
    • Credit towards your next tier level

At the heart of the GHA Discovery program are amazing Local Experiences—unique adventures which take you off the beaten path to explore your destination’s hidden jewels. As a member, you are entitled to enjoy a Local Experience each time you stay at a new GHA Discovery brand and can also qualify when you reach a higher tier status. Enjoy a private tour of a chocolatier in Belgium. Pour your own Guinness at Dublin's oldest pub. Meet the cast of Wicked after seeing the Broadway show from your preferred seats. With GHA Discovery, there is something for everyone.

While you enjoy your new membership in GHA Discovery, you should know that your Select Guest benefits will remain unchanged. To learn more, visit omniselectguest.com/globalbenefits or contact Member Services at 800-FOR-OMNI with any questions. Graphics below are not links...just off the email.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. intueri
    Original Member

intueri Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been really underwhelmed by the customer service of Select Guest. While I've gotten several emails about GHA Discovery, I received nothing about the change in the SG qualification criteria. It's taken up to two weeks for SG to respond to emails, and they generally have displayed a poor aptitude for listening to what I say (or write).

Regardless of my feelings towards SG, though, I'm curious to try out the "Local Experiences" benefit of GHA; some of the options-- like dressmaking in Djibouti and terra-cotta making in China-- look really, really fun.

3. dctravel

dctravel Active Member

Status Points:
    I saw this at my recent stay in New York. Wondered what exactly it was as the in-room brochure gave very little detail beyond basic amenities. Since my travel demands these days are almost entirely domestic, none of the really good "local experience" items are in my future.

4. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Status Points:
    Omni further devalues the program, as revealed in an email I just received: