Suggestion Olympics

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Flying Bat, May 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Flying Bat

Flying Bat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here's one idea. Posts relevant to the Olympics covering things such as accommodation, ticketing issues and opportunities, specifically travel related matters. If this idea is considered merit worthy I would suggest an approach exclusive to travel and excluding sports event results just to make it manageable and to keep it on 'travel' topic.

aptraveler and iolaire like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think I've posted most items as I've seen them in the Europe thread - LINK. There has also been quite a bit of discussion on FT's UK and Ireland forum.

Also - http://www.tickets.london2012.com/

:)

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good idea.

Flying Bat likes this.
  4. Flying Bat

Flying Bat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the links. The only problem with the sales site is that it has not always been operational, and in any event the best tickets went quickly in hard fought applications. I was wondering whether this forum might be able to offer to put people in touch with spares.

5. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    You have to be careful in naming, as they are quick to sue people/group that try to capitalize on the name. It would likely have to be something like 'Big London Sporting Event Discussions 2012' or some such nonsense to keep out of their ire.