Okayama ANA Hotel

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by sendaiben, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just had a very brief one-night stay at the Okayama ANA Hotel. The one-word review: disappointed.

The hotel was fine, it's fairly new. The staff were fine. There were no problems. The room was clean and pleasant.

So why disappointed? It was my first stay as a Plat Amb where the hotel did not recognize my status at all. Didn't mention it, no upgrade, no late checkout offered (didn't need one so didn't ask), nada.

In short, it's a pleasant, reasonable hotel for a paying guest, but nothing for elites. Am I expecting too much? [​IMG]

2. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had the same kind of treatment at the Sapporo ANA Hotel, but then again the rate was one of those super discounted ones. I suppose you presented your card, didn't they say anything even with that?

BTW how was your presentation today? :)

3. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi KIXman

I did show the card, and booked the stay through PC so they had all my details on file... [​IMG]

Presentation went really well, especially given that I put it together this morning! [​IMG]