O'Hare Named Best Airport In North America

Discussion in 'ORD/MDW | Chicago Area Airports' started by sobore, Feb 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

The Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) is pleased to announce that O'Hare International Airport has won the Global Traveler GT Tested Reader Survey Award for Best Airport in North America for the 10th straight year.
    O'Hare was awarded this honor by business travelers who participated in a survey conducted between January and August 2013. Global Traveler magazine is a business travel and lifestyle magazine for international business travelers.

O'Hare was also inducted into the Global Traveler 10-Year Hall of Fame for having won the award for every year of its existence.

"On behalf of Mayor Rahm Emanuel, we are very pleased to have O'Hare International Airport once again recognized by Global Traveler's readers as one of the best airports in the world," said CDA Commissioner Rosemarie S. Andolino. "O'Hare remains one of the busiest airports in the world. This year brings more environmentally-friendly services and amenities as we near completion of O'Hare's International Terminal 5 transformation into a world-class experience and continue construction of the O'Hare Modernization Program, which is enhancing our flight operations."

Read More: http://www.aviationpros.com/news/11...t-in-north-america-for-the-10th-straight-year
    jbcarioca, uggboy and Newscience like this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

I wonder what Fran Gallagher has been smoking for the last decade. This phrase "O'Hare was also inducted into the Global Traveler 10-Year Hall of Fame for having won the award for every year of its existence." is also quite impossible because the good Mr. Gallagher was not even born, much less began his decade-long run of surveys, when Orchard Filed was actually a commercial airport. Why should I worry about grammar when the absurdity of O'Hare winning this so consistently beggars the mind.

After all there are so many pretty decent choices in North America. Among better choices IMHO are ATL, DFW, SFO, DTW and MSP. I have no objection to ORD as a terminal facility, but it certainly is not a clear winner as I see it.
    uggboy and YULtide like this.

DTWBOB Silver Member

Is this yet again another survey where the respondents are self selected? Many of us prefer to avoid ORD for a reason.

uggboy and jbcarioca like this.
  4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Personally, I think DFW is the best airport in N. America. The airport has the new int'l terminal (Terminal D?) and the gates at Terminal A are getting renovated. They also have the AMEX Centurion lounge and a ton of Admirals Clubs, so it's definitely one of my favorite airports. I will also mention the awesome Grand Hyatt that's connected to the airport.

Maybe I'm being biased since I've been flying AA more often lately..
    jbcarioca and uggboy like this.