Oh MAN…

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 31, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Guten tag from Berlin. After an amazing stay in Stockholm we jumped on an airberlin flight to Berlin for a few days. But as far as my review goes, we're still in Manchester! We stayed in the Hilton Manchester Deansgate, which is the tallest and most iconic building in the city. Ben will be reviewing it very shortly, so I won't go into much detail on the hotel experience and instead will focus on Manchester itself and the MAN airport experience, which was a painful yet comedic experience, or something like that. Manchester itself is a very cute city that has a somewhat "small town" feel. Given that Emirates has thrice daily service (two on an A380), and that Etihad and Qatar have two daily flights, I have to wonder where all the people go! One of the nicest aspects of Manchester was the weather! After Dubai, there was nothing I wanted more than to walk outside without feeling like I was three inches from the sun. You might think of the UK as being dreary, but the slight bit of rain and 65 degree weather was very very welcomed after the 110+ degree weather in Dubai. It's also very easy to walk around the Deansgate area, which was also a pleasant change of pace after sprawling Dubai. We had lounge access the second day at the Hilton, and the views were quite nice. Manchester also has a number of scenic canals running through it. I tried to capture a few of them, but I'm not a very good photographer so you'll have to forgive me and visit the city yourself to understand what I am really talking about. The post Oh MAN… appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...