Official Rapid Rewards Availability Check Request Thread

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by MyMiles&Points, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    This type of thread was helpful over at FT. Thought it might be useful here as well. Just post your award availability search request and we'll get back to you with an answer.

JayBee and Gargoyle like this.
  2. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is/was indeed helpful at FT. However, when RR 2.0 comes out in a couple of weeks or so, it won't be needed anymore.

Gargoyle likes this.
  3. FLYERIL
    Original Member

FLYERIL Silver Member

Status Points:
    Awards will be around for a while however.

cockpitvisit likes this.
  4. I like RR 2.0. From a Business standpoint SWA is often brilliant.

As a passenger, I generally avoid flying them unless I must and don't want to pay extra to board early :p

5. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    True. However, it would seem that most, if not all of the ones checking for standard award availability will already have the awards in their accounts.

6. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    That's true. I had been thinking how the standard awards would be around until Feb 2014 and this thread would help under the following situation:

A member has one standard award issued this month - Feb 2011. They let it expire Feb 2012 and have until Feb 2013 to renew for $50. In November 2012, they would like to make an award reservation for January 2013 but do not know if a standard award seat is available. Instead of having to pay the $50 in November 2012 and only extending the award until November 2013 just to find out a seat wasn't available, hopefully southwest.com will still have a way to search for standard awards and we can pass that information on.

JayBee and HPN-HRL like this.
  7. HPN-HRL
    Original Member

HPN-HRL Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is exactly why a thread like this should be prominently available!

MyMiles&Points likes this.
  8. ldickers

ldickers New Member

Status Points:
    Would someone be able to check on standard award flight availability for SMF to MDW on these dates: 6/8/12-6/10/12? I have old credits and I'm going to earn enough points on a flight this weekend to convert to a standard award and I want to know if I'll be able to use the award for those dates before I do the conversion.