Office Max VISA $15.00 Rebate 3/2-3/8

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by satman40, Feb 28, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Get $15.00 off with the purchase of $250.00 in VISA GIFT CARS, now a few have been known to go in the pocket stash ( gift cards) and have them rang up later,

Some Managers hide them for nice customers,

This was a great Promo not too long ago, on MP did 30,000 miles in spend

Enjoy the points..

travelpye likes this.
  2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Went to OM and they have a problem with their coupon code,will not ring,

They had $100.00 nothing higher, it's a 5 day deal, every little bit helps..

3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are now selling the cards,

Time to go shopping..out in the snow..

4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still working great, and INK at 5X, loads the SERVE CARD,

Look like a 50k week,

5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was a 50k week, transfer the payment last night to Chase Ink account...

Anyone else visit OM,

iolaire likes this.
  6. AeroHeart

AeroHeart Active Member

Status Points:
    I visited Office Max. There were cards in $200 and $50 increments to make $250. Had to purchase each $250 segment individually to get the $15 discount to apply correctly. Okay, I went home and tried to load them onto my Bluebird account online. It didn't work. Do I need to take to them to Walmart to load onto the Bluebird card? Can these Visa debit cards be loaded onto Serve online?

7. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I bought two $200 cards and one $100 card and got the $30 discount but the cashier was clueless so who knows if yours was clueless in a different way.
    If I understand correctly, you can do neither. To load debit cards onto Bluebird the cards need to have a PIN and the transaction needs to be done in-person at WalMart. But I don't think you can add a PIN to the OfficeMax ones you just bought so you're out of luck there. (In January they were selling cards at a discount where you COULD add a PIN.)

You might be able to add them to a Serve card.

AeroHeart likes this.
  8. John Deere

John Deere Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought the last four numbers on a visa gift card are your PIN.
    What makes these different?

bigx0 likes this.
  9. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tip. I never tried that. With the OM Mastercards I had to select a PIN.

satman40 likes this.
  10. John Deere

John Deere Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now I understand where you're coming from.
    Mastercard needs a pin set, while visa doesn't.

11. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can also set a pin, or use the last 4 numbers,

I had no luck with MO, at the grocery store,

I did use them at SERVE FOR FREE with no problem.

Do not have BB, ..Hope this helps some one

12. AeroHeart

AeroHeart Active Member

Status Points:
    I purchased Visa cards at Office Max. By calling a number on the back of the packet, I was able to set a pin for the cards. Which took up quite a bit of time. Since, I don't have a Serve card, I guess I'm going to have to troop down to Wal-Mart and try doing this manually. I sure wish I could have loaded the debit cards online. Thanks for everyone's help.

13. AeroHeart

AeroHeart Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi, When you say "use them at Serve for Free" , how did you you load them onto Serve? Can you load them online? All at once or in $100 increments? Did you have to go to Wal-Mart to load Serve? Any info. would be much appreciated.

satman40 likes this.
  14. John Deere

John Deere Silver Member

Status Points:
    You load serve at CVS.

AeroHeart and satman40 like this.
  15. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I take the purchased Visa Gift Card from OM, and load my Serve Card ay CVS, and then pay my bills.

They take the VGC one at a time at the register at CVS, no charge.

Hope that answers your question.

16. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    VANILLA Visa cards will accept the first PIN used against them if they haven't otherwise been set, so you can just use the last 4 digits of the card say the first time you unload them and bang you're done. No hassle. Virtually all other cards require you to do something, typically call and set the PIN via the phone number on the front of the card. Whether you want to travel around with valuable gift cards with obvious PINs is up to you.

You can unload VISA gift cards with a PIN at Walmart easily enough, either at the Kate (the ATM, which is never working, so you can ignore this step), or at the cashier, or at the money center. Some cashiers may give you grief, or refuse, or say such loads don't work or whatever. Say thanks, walk away, try again with a different cashier in a different store on a different day. Or whatever.

Mastercard's can also be unloaded at WM, but its apparently tricky. They work great in the Kate, but its difficult with cashiers because apparently they come up as credit cards by default and you have to do some button pushing at the right moment during the transaction to switch them to debit that I've never done. I avoid Mastercards in general due to this.

You CAN unload Visa or Mastercard gift cards online. You could use them to buy Amazon eGift cards and then post those dollars to your Amazon account, and use that up over time. There are other options as well.

Or you could simply pay your normal bills with them and thus earn 5X during your normal day where you wouldn't otherwise.

AeroHeart and satman40 like this.
  17. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Went to WM with 4 OM GC, and spent 70 cents for a MO, first time..

Ask the cute girl if their was a limit, smiled and said I'd be back..

Got 10 k to flush,,,,feels so good, to get rid of those OM GCs, in one place...

AeroHeart likes this.
  18. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Local WM said no more Visa Gift Cards today,
    Kroger's took my cards, went to another Kroger's cut me off after 1,000.
    Sure glad all cards are now MO, and most have been deposited in the bank...
    This is sure a hard way to make a buck,
    I rather work, time to plant some snow peas,
    Next month the tomatoes, and half runners goes out...

AeroHeart likes this.
  19. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, too much work lately. Hit up a CVS yesterday since it was the apparent deadline before the cash-only policy goes into place (maybe) and found exactly one card. Then snuck under the wire picking up another couple this morning. But trying to unload a couple of VGC's I've got at WM this morning was miss. Machine broken of course. Teller there asked to see debit card then said no. And I got an error at the cashier when I hit up one of them. Something about an unapplied cash register patch it seemed. I gave up for now. Interesting times trying to get the 2 x $10K spend done in the next three months without wasting too much time...

AeroHeart likes this.
  20. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some are saying CVS is still taking CC,
    Have a Serve Card and will give it some attention tomorrow, do not forget the 7/11 stores...
    If WM has MO troubles always the grocery stores...

This is not work, just a fun way to earn done points...
    Nice weather, is on the way...

gconnery and AeroHeart like this.
  21. AeroHeart

AeroHeart Active Member

Status Points:
    This is all trial and error isn't it? When I've got time and feeling adventurous it's fun.

In our smallish town there is just one Wal-Mart and no CVS around for hundreds of miles. The past two weekends I successfully bought Visa Gift Cards at office supply stores and grocery stores and then converted them at the Wal-Mart semi-broken ATM. Next on the adventure travel itinerary will be to try converting the Gift Cards to MO. And, further down the road, I like the idea of earning 5x on groceries with gift cards. Lots of surprises around the next bend.

Spring has sprung.

gconnery likes this.
  22. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, Ribbon ate up some more of my gift cards so that's good. And Buxx continues to function. I hit Safeway for another $100 MC with the $10 rebate then dumped that via Ribbon. So a few things functioning normally and not a lot of effort. There's always other ways of getting it done.

AeroHeart likes this.
  23. AeroHeart

AeroHeart Active Member

Status Points:
    Okay, buxx is a visa card for teens. Just did the research on it. Does Buxx let you pay bills? And when googling ribbon, it says that it's 50% discounted with a purchase of buttons. Not too useful for gathering points. :)

24. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ribbon seems to be dead as far as I can tell. My cards went through and the amounts were emptied but the recipient never got the money. Only after contacting them did they email me and say the transactions were flagged for possible fraud and could they call me. I'll assume for now that I'll eventually get the money back one way or another, but probably its over. Buxx I think they pulled the application link. No you can't pay bills. You just load it with a credit card and then withdraw the money at an ATM.

25. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My game lately has been the Simon Mall Visa, set the pin and visit Kroger's foe a MO...

$6.00 for 2 $500 cards, they now let me spend $2,000.00 at a time...