Off-topic...

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Handleman20, Apr 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I found out yesterday my ex-spouse's 15-month old nephew was diagnosed with a tumor in his cerebellum and brain stem. They can remove the cerebellum piece but not the brain stem part, so he will basically be "managing" a tumor for the rest of his life. He also has fluid buildup around his brain that they are going to have to put a stent in to remove that runs from his neck all the way to his stomach and will be there for the rest of his life.

I ended up using 40K of my miles from this year (a little under half what I have currently) to get my ex out to Idaho for the surgery this weekend, so technically this is a "frequent flier miles" post, but that's not why I'm writing this. I guess I just want to tell everyone out there to cherish the time you have with the people you care about. You never know how long you will have with them, so enjoy every moment.

Thanks for listening.

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    We always keep some miles for that type of purpose and I can't think of a better, or more important way to use them.

I'm guessing this is her sister's or brother's son and that you're still close to that part of the family.

DTWBOB.

3. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually I haven't spoken to any of them since the day the ex and I split up, and the ex and I are barely on speaking terms half the time (we share a kid, so we have to talk about him)... it just seemed like the right thing to do.

Gargoyle likes this.