Off Topic Help Needed - Closest Marriott to Le Royal Meridien Shanghai

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by garyst16, Oct 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be doing a MR next month and a co-worker has decided to join me. He is a Marriott loyalist and I an SPG fanatic. I will be staying at the Le Royal Meridien Shanghai and he is looking for the closest Marriott property to that hotel. I believe it is the Shanghai Marriott City Center, but Google Maps is failing me big time with the address search.

Has anyone out there stayed at either of the properties that can provide some guidance?

2. I am now staying at Le Royal Merdien Shanghai for the week and it has been a wonderful stay experience.

The staff are excellent throughout the hotel. They are truly friendly, willing to offer assistance all the time. The FO manager Brandon is the young man who impressed me a lot during my stay. I have got his name card with his contact email address brandon.li@lemeridien.com. Suggest you can contact him for reservation.

I can see the building of Marriot City Center that is about 2 or 3 streets away from Nanjing Road. But heard it won’t be open till the end of Dec. And obviously, its location is not as convenient as LM’s.

garyst16 likes this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    JW is a five minute walk from the LRM. JW is one of the nicest Marriott hotels in Asia IMHO.

garyst16 likes this.
  4. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. It’s just across People’s Park. I thought it a bit stuffy decor-wise, but ymmv.

5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is not too bad- and the service is excellent.

6. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Service was good. I just found the decor to be too old world & stuffy for my taste. In Shanghai, I’ve stayed at the Westin Bund, LRM, all 3 Hyatts (not the new Andaz), and walked into the Hilton, but haven’t stayed there. The JW was just the most formal-looking of them, and just wasn’t for me.