Odds that DL will Add availability to a farebasis at a later date ?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by anileze, Oct 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does DL add availability to a destination/flight at a later date, given that there is none showing now ? I know it is unpredictable at best, but still.. e.g If it show V=0, X=0

In specific: I am seeing V=0 now for early morning LGA-ATL; I need it to catch a morning flight (and only) to a Caribbean destination end of the month. Similarly (I did not pay too much attention last year) but DL added some availability on international routes suddenly. Would it treat HNL just like international and add availability at a later date ?

Any pointers to past historical data for fares between two route pairs ?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Married segments? Are you searching LGA-ATL only, which would be a heavy business route, or LGA-destination, which would include a connection at ATL?

anileze likes this.
  3. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, to Bonaire. It is a 0945 hrs out of ATL. In the past the Saturday 0600 out of LGA to ATL has had rather low loads. Many island destinations out of ATL are once a week (Saturdays)

4. jackplum
    Original Member

jackplum Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the fare is low enough you might consider flying into AUA and then catch an interisland flight. Then you wouldn't be limited to the weekly flights

anileze likes this.
  5. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    True. I explored that too. DL has many x1 weekly flights to many caribbean islands. All early morning departures, some of those flights require one taking the first flight out of metro NY.