Odds of a G gate arrival/departure from SFO?

Discussion in 'Virgin America | Elevate' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Feb 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    This thread can die in a couple of months, but in the meantime, what are the odds of leaving/arriving from G?

2. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never seen this. It's always been the A side for me. I would imagine the only reason VX would be on the G side would be something wonky at their usual A gates.

3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    They have been using G gates from time to time when A is full.

4. aviators99
    Original Member

aviators99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would put the odds at less than 1%. I've flown them every 1.5-2 weeks for the last 3 years, and I've never seen it happen. But I *have* heard of it happening.

5. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I have heard of it and have seen one at a G gate - just wondering about my lounge options - "G" I could use the RCC. "A" I will probably head over to the CO PC, depending on how early I arrive.

6. aviators99
    Original Member

aviators99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    For the sake of others reading this, it's worth mentioning that the CO PC is in another terminal. Terminal A does suck in that there aren't any club options. DL would be a decent option, but they close at 5pm, as does AF. I guess the only possibility in T2 (when VX gets there) will be an AA lounge. Not of much use to those of us who rely on Priority Pass when we're flying VX.

7. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Even worse, the PC is going to close in the next few months. So, unless there is an airside connection between 2 and 3, the NCC* will be the only option.

*No Carpet Club