Odd SkyClub expiration date?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by TravelerRob, Nov 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today in the mail I received a new SkyClub card. I can only imagine DL sent me this because I recently requalified for DM for next year. I'm pretty sure I still have a SkyClub card that expires in early 2014.

Anyway, the new card has an expiration date of June 25, 2014. Why such a random date? Why not the end of a particular month?

I suspect I will receive yet another one early next year when DL sends out the DM packets and realizes all DM's should get a new SkyClub card. I wonder if the expiration date will change again. I seem to get 2 cards a year.

-Rob

2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    My current card expires on 12/21/13...another odd date?

3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think membership is good for n years, not to the end of the month.

DTWBOB

4. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, 12.21.12 is supposedly the end of the world according to the Mayan Calendar. The new Sky Club year starts with the end of the World????

5. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you just requalified for DM, they should have added a year to your membership. I would suggest locating your old card and calling if that is not the case.

There have been instances where the membership has been extended by more than one year. That happened to me once, and I got a letter afterwards noting the mistake and adding that the expiration date would be honoured.

David