Odd seat map

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by dc8fan, Feb 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. dc8fan

dc8fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was doing OLCI this morning for a flight tomorrow and got this seat map. I originally had 8A+B. This doesn't resemble any configuration I know, but maybe it's new. But there sure are a lot of exit doors! :) Should I wait and check in at the airport?

757.PNG

2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow...everything's an exit row!

Obviously the exit rows aren't true but is there any chance this is a 757-300?

3. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think they may be in the process of switching to a 757-300 and something got stuck along the way.

Any way you can share the flight number OP?

skyvan likes this.
  4. mherdeg
    Original Member

mherdeg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, most of the 757-200s are hard to tell apart, but United does have one experimental 757 (N593UA, ship number 5093) which has AC power, a leather interior, and slightly fewer economy minus seats — see the fleet tracking page at https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/mainline-fleet-tracking for more about this 24F/50E+/114Y configuration of the 757. Any chance that could be yours?

dc8fan likes this.
  5. dc8fan

dc8fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's DEN/LGA. I called in and the great lady I spoke with said "Wow!' and that she'd never seen anything like it. Thought maybe they were changing planes, but said she'd 'show it around' since it was so unusual. She and I thought perhaps they were in process of changing aircraft. But I've never seen a 753 going into LGA - maybe it'll be a first?

6. dc8fan

dc8fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    And you win the Milepoint prize for today! According to Status, it is indeed 5093. I guess Shares isn't set up to deal with that particular aircraft. Looking forward to checking it out.

skyvan likes this.
  7. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to the mobile site, he's on 5093, so that's probably what it is.

What's really strange is that the mobile seat map looks fine, with 8ABC completely missing.

8. mherdeg
    Original Member

mherdeg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool, hope you enjoy the trip on this rara avis.

While it's parked at the gate you may be able to see whether it's still got a "radome bump" ( http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/runway-girl/2011/04/photo-united-boeing-757-200-n5.html ), kind of a neat feature.

9. dc8fan

dc8fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Didn't see the radome - so looks like it's removed - and there was no wifi on the plane. The seats are all leather and the FA's seemed a little confused by the set up - one of them said that it has 'new' seats that are 'thinner' and it allows them to add an extra row of seats. Someone who follows the ins and outs of different types of seats would probably appreciate it.
    The interesting thing - to me - was that my A320 from LAS to DEN (ship #4668) had a big new exterior decal by the door when entering that said 'WIFI.' The first time I'd seen that on any UA plane. However, the FA announced, please disregard the signage as the WIFI was not yet operational. Wish I'd thought to take a photo.