Odd Offer from AA Shopping Portal

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Pizzaman, Aug 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I got an e-mail today from the AA shopping portal. It listed a new merchant called booksonline.com. The offer is for 1258 miles for joining. When I click on the link, it appears to hit a referral link from the shopping portal, then bounce to the actual site.

However, I can find neither the merchant or the offer listed on the shopping portal. Has anyone every come across something like this before? I'm happy to take the miles for next to nothing, but can't really tell if this is for real.

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Verizon, anyone?

3. sma_15

sma_15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You could always try to verify it with Cartera and see what they say.

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any real downside to signing up?

5. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I went to the AA shopping web site and searched for booksonline - got no hit

6. baliparis
    Original Member

baliparis Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received that email. Booksonline.com is a book of the month club, join and get 4 books for $1(plus shipping & processing and applicable taxes) plus you receive a free gift with membership. Then just buy 4 books at regular Club prices in the next year (purchases of non-book items and specially priced books do not count toward your purchase commitment - See Member's Corner in your Club catalogor online in the FAQs for details). You may cancel any time after that.

You may return your Introductory Package within 20 days of receipt at our expense. We'll cancel your membership and you'll owe nothing. Any payment will be credited/ refunded. The FREE gift is yours to keep.