odd Hilton stay... what to do with HHonors points..?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Gaucho, Aug 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Im of course a member of HHonors, and actually had top status for 2-3 years back in my days in the world of Banking... but now that Im a retired FFlyer I not longer stay at Hiltons. Turns out that my upcoming trip I will be having 2 nights at a Hilton Garden Inn. Can I just input a FFlyer number and get miles or what other option do I have..? Also, does it make a difference if I credit this stay (if that is an option) to American Airlines or LAN...? The latter would be my preference, althogh I dont know if the HHonors program has some sort of agreement with LANPass.

Thanks !!

2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    As I'm weaning myself from programs, I find myself in simiar situations.

If you go with HHonors points, will it get you closer to an award (or top off your account for an award)?

If not or you are far away from an award, I'd credit to airline miles program that you prefer.

Gaucho likes this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Willie... my trip to ORD is confirmed... I need to speak to you, Sensei of all things ORD.... may I email you..???

(bowing profusely) :rolleyes:

4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK heres the story:

HH does not have the option like say SPG where you can get only miles for your stay.
    Since your stay is at a HGI it is unlikely that the total cost will be more than $400.00

1) You basically have two options for miles:
    a) You can go in a change your profile select receiving points and variable miles and receive 2 X the dollar amount of the total folio in LAN km
    or b) select points and fixed miles and receive a flat rate of 1000 km per stay irrespective of the folio total.

2) Note with the above you will also receive irrespective of your choice above 10X HH points (or more depending on current status) of your folio total.

3) You are also able to convert 25k HH points into 8.5k LAN km (this is the minimum conversion)

4) There is a current promo which you need to sign-up for on hilton.com giving triple points on weekends and double points during the week running until Sept 30th.

5) Do not wait until you arrive at the hotel to select the above options..... go in and modify your profile at least a day before hand and confirm your selections at check-in because it is virtually impossible to change after your stay.

Counsellor likes this.
  5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a friend who had a rude awakening at Hilton Waikoloa last November when he got there expecting to be treated like Gold but found out that, not only wasn't he HH Gold, he had been dropped from the program altogether. He clearly is not one of us here, who know how these things work. I think he earned his HH Gold status through some other program (maybe thru AMEX, like I did), but then he stopped doing anything with HH for a couple of years but still thought that he was Gold!

Anyway, he got to Waikoloa and asked if he could be upgraded as a HH Gold. They searched for him in the system and could not find him. After he related his past history, they quoted him the following to explain why he was no longer in the system:

I just brought it up since it seems that you have not stayed with Hilton for a while...:)

8MiHi and Gaucho like this.
  6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes... thanks, I better look at my HHonors profile and see.... Ive been dormant on that account for at least 4 years.... :eek:

NYCUA1K likes this.
  7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    You'd better!:eek:

Gaucho likes this.