OC Hyatt question

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by guberif, Sep 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey everyone!

I'm new to Hyatt (always been a Marriott guy), and now a new Hyatt Plat (via MP premium). The wife, kiddos and I are booked for 4 nights in early December at the Orange County HR in a 2 BR suite.

My question is this; I've got this Platinum Extras Certificate to burn on this stay, but there is no Regency Club. Any idea what the "Food and Beverage Amenity" will get me here?

Thanks so much for your help!

Kalboz likes this.
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't recall the Diamond F&B amenity, but beware of the "suites" at this property. I used a diamond suite upgrade and got a "suite" with a glass wall separating the bedroom from a room with a pullout sofa. There's a curtain to offer privacy, but the suite is hardly elegant. And I think most "suites" have views into the hotel's interior lobby rather than to the outside.

And in other news: this property, along with many on its corner, does not use Anaheim Resort Transit. Instead it has its own private shuttle. The downside is that the drop-off/pick-up location at Disneyland is at the furthest island out ("silver"?), the schedule is limited, and you can't just hop onto the shuttle for the Marriott Suites across the street, though they often don't check tickets for the return ride.

Scottrick likes this.
  3. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the food and beverage that I selected was a bottle of wine and then a food tray with various nuts and others snacks. (there were several of us and we wanted wine and snacks!) It was pretty good - I remember the selections pretty standard compared to other Hyatts.

Kalboz and IkeEsq like this.
  4. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wine and food tray is pretty typical at all Hyatts for a welcome amenity. However, I have often seen less "adult" options depending on where I am. I'm almost positive there will be some kind of milk and cookies option (or something along those lines) that you could give to your kids, especially at this hotel.

I usually ask if I'm at all interested in the amenity. Some hotels have a list, some don't, but you can figure out what it is before you decide to use your certificate.

5. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    So nice to see a reply from two of my favorite bloggers, MP and Scottrick!

Kalboz and mommypoints like this.
  6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to help. As for traveltoomuch's complaint about the suites, while I do agree with him, I think you're likely to get a different kind of suite. I've stayed in a two-bedroom family suite before. Not my idea of luxury, but it does have a lot of space for a family with two kids, including bunk beds and their own bathroom. Kind of dark, though. Hopefully your kids aren't afraid of the dark, or you should bring a nightlight.

7. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    We're booked in a 2BR "Queen" Suite, which has two separate bedrooms, one with a king and one with 2 queens. My kids are very young (1 and 3) so the youngest will be in a crib. The 3 year old could care less about bunk beds, etc.

8. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    They do have some different types of suites there for sure. We were in a suite that had a separate king bed and a living room. My friends were in the bunk bed suite. It can get loud due to the atrium, but we had a great time there. If you were going without kids (and weren't particularly fond of kids) I could see the property being a bit overwhelming at times.

Kalboz and IDGflygirl like this.
  9. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just because I have kids, and am bringing them along, doesn't mean I'm always particularly fond of them :p

mommypoints and IDGflygirl like this.
  10. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's what balconies were made for. Just lock'em out there when you need a break. :D I didn't see them at OC, but I know HR Irvine has balconies.

11. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    When the pressures on, and upside-down Pack 'n Play makes an excellent play yard (a.k.a. Baby cage).... J/k

Kalboz likes this.
  12. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    The two bedroom suite is an actual suite (Kid's Suite # 772 pictured below) and it was great. I have had at least 15 stays at this property (I got my Diamond here) and have tried almost all the suites and by far the 2-bedroom suite is the best.
    [​IMG]
    From the main bedroom looking at the kid's room through the living room​
    [​IMG]
    Kid's room with its own bathroom & large screen TV​
    [​IMG]
    Eggs station at TusCa​
    [​IMG]
    Comped breakfast for Diamonds at TusCa​
    [​IMG]
    The hotel lobby in the evening​
    For other dining options at this property (and to make it easier on your wallet), both restaurants on the property, TusCa and the OC Brewhouse accept the restaurants.com discount certificates. More on the property here in the Master Thread: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/hyatt-regency-orange-county.3745/

traveltoomuch and mommypoints like this.