Obama/Wall Streets aviation legacy: billions of $ of stress, discomfort and tensions shifted to pax

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ahappyelite, Sep 27, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    Air travel is incredibly abysmal.
    Every flight late. Every boarding excruciating.
    Every flight packed.
    Stress sky high.
    Fights practically breaking out everywhere you turn.
    Hubs disgusting. Bathrooms overflowing. Employees crushed.
    Disembarking passengers as gleeful as new parolees from maximum security prisons.
    Dangerously overcrowded and cramped seating. Will it take a tragedy to do something?
    All so Wall Street can pig out each and every quarter
    What a disgrace and embarrassment.
    The passenger being openly taunted and mocked.
    And billions of taxpayer subsidies going right to the gangstas responsible.
    And the public is silenced like an Iron Curtain country.

2. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exaggerate much?

My flights aren't always late. In fact, they're most always on time.

I can afford to fly far more than twenty or thirty years ago, and it's not just increases in my income; it's real positive changes in the prices I pay.

My stress is fine. My last flights, I got to the airport not too long before first boarding call, and was through TSA in moments. I got upgrades into first class. My last flight, I flew out of a nice, clean, fairly new terminal. Those weren't particularly unusual experiences.

I redeemed well over 100,000 miles in the last year or so, and went to places like Hong Kong, Bangkok, Zurich, Berlin, Dusseldorf and Chicago in international first and business class. This included flights on carriers like American Airlines that I thought were just fine, in comfortable seats with good food and spirits. I have some more flights like that to look forward to in the coming months.

By all means speak for yourself, but in this case, I actually AM a "happy elite". It's a shame you give your username the lie. I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry for your experiences and hope you have better ones, but please do not speak for me. I do not find my experience of air travel "incredibly abysmal".

trobb49 and Steve GadFly like this.
  3. ahappyelite

Status Points:
    Exaggerate not.
    EVERYTHING about air travel is worse than prior to the mergers.
    If you are flying in a first class cabin on a m e carrier I might understand.
    US air travel is an utter suck fest-including so called first class. Every flight gets out late bc of the agonizing boarding process.
    Nothing has been too small to gut and slash.
    All of these carriers would be in Chapter 11 if not for the gift of collusion and non competition given to their Wall Street masfers
    I'm sure they are laughing at your apologias right now.

4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Every time I see the handle posting I get offended because the poster is clearly not happy...

Gargoyle, satman40 and YULtide like this.
  5. ahappyelite

Status Points:
    Where does everyone go after socializing with the people who brought all of us the Friendly Skies? The Wells Fargo party?

6. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is an "ignore" button if you care to use it. <plonk*>

*bonus points to those who get the reference

edcho, iolaire, satman40 and 2 others like this.
  7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought he was talking about Chicago, over crowed, subsidies, fighting killing, and the Presidents home town.

I was on AA last week late, missed my connection, they gave my wife and I each 15,000 miles, plus a hotel voucher.

You guessed it we were on a miles award ticket...

Love AA, and United,

Flying both since the trail drager days....both have came a long way,

8. ahappyelite

Status Points:
    I've heard about all of this great service, comfort and dependability
    It's called Fantasy Class.
    Helps to be betting on the stock or to socialize with the UAL execs who precision engineered travel to be the holy hell it objectively is.
    Just a few of the millions of Americans who can't wait for their next flights!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  9. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    and how does our President get blamed for this?

10. ahappyelite

Status Points:
    The following entities are owned and operated by Wall Street:
    DOJ Antitrust
    DOJ Criminal
    DOT
    FAA
    Various purported "consumer protection" agenices.
    This administration, with full knowledge that mergers were unnecessary, and would result in an all out assault on passengers endorsed and celebrated them . I recently flew on a Delta 717, and the exit row has no legroom at all: the exit row passengers would perish in a catastrophe, forget about everyone else. United has installed bathrooms that 30% of Americans cannot fit into. The airlines continue to engage in the largest scheme to defraud in US history: hawking airline miles they have no present intention of honoring. Almost all flights get out late after a life sapping boarding process caused by baggage fee pigouts. Discomfort, inconvenience, hardship and peril are the legacy of the people in this administration who are lapdogs for big business. Air travel was enough of an ordeal before the airlines engineered ways to profit by making air travel a bigger ordeal with each passing day. Imagine what people would say about this shabby farce if they can back to life after flying in the 70's and 80's and expected that modern air travel would be blissful, not the hell that it is.

11. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the 70s and 80s no word word about baggage fees the worry about getting the bags when they got to the location .

In the 70s and 80s the bathrooms are the same size as they are , The people are just fatter .

If you were a better value service be willing to pay for the unions control the baggage pick ups , as for people of size just eat less.

You simply cannot Tear an airplane apart because you have a bunch of lazy fat people who are whiny

Got a problem look in the mirror

12. colpuck
    Original Member

colpuck Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delete your account.

13. ahappyelite

Status Points:
    Economy Minus
    New from United
    Happy I saw this crappiness coming