OAK - Park'n'Fly crock

Discussion in 'SFO/OAK/SMF/SJC | San Francisco Area Airports' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Aug 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've used Park'n'Fly for years, but I rarely fly OAK these days. Every so often, I can redeem my free accumulated days for a nice free parking stay. (They also have an SFO lot.) At approximately 4:30 AM on Friday, I saw the daily rate when entering the lot, but did not see what must have been newer fine print (if it was even there).

Sunday night, when leaving, I thought "that sounds high" but I figured I'd just review the receipt after I got home. There is an Airport Access Fee. What a crock! "Free" complimentary shuttle, but a fee to "access" the airport? What if I just parked there and didn't access the airport? And worse yet, it is a % of the daily rate, so it costs more to access the airport if you park for more days.

If the daily price was higher, and there wasn't this unethical nonsense, I wouldn't mind. But Park'n'Fly OAK, I think you just lost me. And don't tell me "it is the cost of doing business @ OAK" - then raise your daily rate.

2. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I feel your pain. Let it out. I am listening.

Gaucho likes this.
  3. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Look at what Park N Fly hits you for there for a one day stay booked on line (total taxes 23.5%---5% airport access plus 18.5% parking tax):

Rate Type Qty. Rate Total
    Day 1 $8.50 $8.50
    Access Fee $0.42
    Parking Tax $1.57
    Reservation Fee $3.00
    Total $13.49

I've been doing my Alaska flights to SEA out of Sacramento and will continue to do that. $9 a day there.

4. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    PNF used to be a daily rate that was exactly what was posted, all included, whatever it was. Bah.

5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    please dont get the pisco guy started..... :eek:

6. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, but you don't live a 15 minute drive from OAK. :p

tom911 likes this.
  7. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been using PNF at both LAX and OAK for a few years now... and yea I agree its not as great as it once was. And their frequent renter program sucks so bad... need to reserve the usage of free days online before going to park... its a really clunky system thats difficult to use.

But, for the convenience, cant be beat still IMO. And I have their corporate discount rates which certainly help.