NYC-NRT on 777-200 in F or SEA-NRT on 787 in C

Discussion in 'ANA | Mileage Club' started by TAHKUCT, Jan 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Planning a trip to Tokyo using miles. I can book NYC-NRT on 777-300 in F or SEA-NRT on 787 in C. What would be recommendations? Also in order to get to SEA, I would have to do a connection in ORD.

2. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Based on the recent 787 news, maybe stick with the 77W? Just don't book the days I am looking at. :p
    A real question if anyone knows - Is ANA one of those airlines that will open up an additional F class seat after one is sold or closer to departure? I have an F seat reserved for my wife and i have one reserved in C for me. Wondering if i should hold out hope that it will open up a second F seat...

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    F is still F, and is still worth the miles spent for redemption than C. :)

TAHKUCT likes this.
  4. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    So JFK-NRT in F on NH or something like LGA-ORD-SEA-NRT in NH C? Total no-brainer for me- why take 2 extra connections in ho-hum UA domestic F to sit in a worse cabin, unless the miles are incredibly precious?

If it was reversed (JFK-NRT in C or NYC-ORD-SEA-NRT in F), I'd still take the nonstop. Adding hours of flying and connection time to very very long trips that end up leaving one full of jet lag are not my idea of fun, even if you get caviar. The sooner I get there, the sooner I get on local time. :)

TAHKUCT and AUSsie like this.
  5. daboogah

daboogah Silver Member

Status Points:
    Take the direct flight. The 787 product is serviced by junior level CA's on NH (if you like young ones!) and the longer haul has the more senior CA's and you will get better service. Just asked my GF what you should do and she said, if you like young ones that might make mistakes, go for the SEA connection. But she said the company is telling them not to rely on the 787 product coming back online anytime soon. GF does the NYC long haul as a Chief Purser so who knows.. you might get her!

TAHKUCT and eponymous_coward like this.