NYC-HNL on Hawaiian Air, where should I credit my flight miles?

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by Robin, Mar 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Robin
    Original Member

Robin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a booked a flexperks ticket on Hawaiian air RT NYC - HNL. I've never flown Hawaiian before and don't think I'll fly them again. Does it make sense to join their frequent flier program? I do fly Jetblue but feel my $584 ticket won't give me the best value for all those miles. I do have a SPG cc and Ultimate rewards cc as well as fly United and American. I fly Delta once in a while but it looks like I'm not eligible to get miles from the Hawaiian flight. Hate to orphan all those miles...

Thanks.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't really follow the HI program. But one option that may be non-obvious is transfer from HI to Hilton HHonors at a rate of 1:2. But only in chunks of 5000 miles.

You could look into getting a HI Visa card to see if the 35k miles earned with that make the miles earned with this flight more useful.

Robin likes this.
  3. Robin
    Original Member

Robin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, the HI Visa is something to think about.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Park them with JetBlue if you don't want to otherwise orphan them. Yeah, you might only get 50% credit but I think that's still better than eventually pushing them to HHonors.

8MiHi and Robin like this.
  5. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why not credit them to Hawaiian and use them for an intra-island flight next time?

Robin likes this.
  6. Robin
    Original Member

Robin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the ideas.