NYC Airport Lounges with BAD health code violations

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by katstarr, Jun 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the past two months, I've gone to two nyc airport lounges with B ratings issued by the NYC Department of Health. A B rating, is 14-27 violation points, and often contains critical violations. I researched it, and wrote about it here, in this blog post:

http://www.willrunformiles.com/2013/06/disgusting-health-code-violations-at-2.html

what can we do to make airlines and their lounge managers clean up the lounges?

B.JPG

uggboy, iolaire and sobore like this.
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    This seems especially bad given these are “membership” based clubs. If I were a “member” I’d be concerned. My question is have members of our community received $/points/vouchers whatever for this bad service? i.e. People get X for a broken seat, what about an unsanitary lounge?

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Meh. A B rating isn't really all that bad in the grand scheme of things.

If it was actually so bad as to be a real problem they'd be shut down. They aren't. I eat at restaurants in NYC with B ratings all the time and I'm just fine.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  4. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    its really not good this should be close asap.

katstarr and MX like this.
  5. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    A B isn't bad for a complex restaurant, but for a red carpet club, it's pretty scary.

How much food do they handle? and how could they screw it up? It's almost all pre-made, pre packaged and they need to serve it. How many McDonalds have a B rating? I'll gladly dine at a French restaurant with a B rating, but a RCC with a B rating is a bit concerning.

katstarr, MX and iolaire like this.
  6. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably the report in a Delta SkyClub stated something like "Premises smelled of paint thinner and rotten corn" and the inspector just didn't realize it was the normal smell of their recently "enhanced" beverage selections.

katstarr likes this.