NY in Taipei Hotels?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by edekba, Sep 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    So It looks like I'll be in TPE for NYE/NY and I'm looking at hotels. Out of the big chains the only ones I see that even have a place in TPE are as follows. Am I missing anything? I'm super surprised Hilton/Marriott both have 0 footprint here.

3 SPG (Le Meridien is Sold Out, so Only Sheraton/Westin/W left)
    1 Hyatt
    1 Holiday Inn (that's pretty far from city center)

Anyone have an suggestions as where else I could stay? Hyatt isnt even bookable during that time, HI is too far and SPG is a bit pricey ($285+/night).

2. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry for the delay in responding; just noticed your post.

I like the Park Hotel. It's priced right, modern, has great service, the rooms are quiet and comfortable and it's 1 minute away from an MRT station.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293913-d1448672-Reviews-Park_Taipei_Hotel-Taipei.html

The Sheraton Taipei is a bit pricey, but they often have some good points+cash deals. I like the great location of the Sheraton (near the train station and a lot of the government buildings.) Its club lounge and restaurants are the greatest!

The Howard Plaza is an older but quite reputable hotel. The rooms are small but serviceable. It's located on Jen Ai Road just about in the center of Taipei. Good shopping and the weekend flower market are about ten minute's walk away.

edekba likes this.
  3. LuizzeOliveira

LuizzeOliveira Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hotel Royal, Regent, Caesar Park, The Sherwood, The Howard Plaza Hotel, The Ambassador Hotel, Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza are also best hotels in Taipei. These all hotels offers all modern services and facilities to their guest.