number of FA who work business class on an AA 777?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by TheBeerHunter, Dec 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying on Christmas this year and was thinking of bringing Starbucks gift cards to distribute to the crew working our cabin as a way of saying "thanks" for working the holiday (even if it's not one they observe...)

I know the FAA rule of 1 FA for every 50 PAX. But how many total flight attendants will be working (I know some come help from elsewhere on the plane, like during meal service) on an AA 777-200?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do not know the specific number but I do know that most airlines over-staff the long-haul flights (versus the 50:1 rule) to be able to offer the service levels they want to have.

TheBeerHunter and Newscience like this.
  3. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe there are 5 in J. That includes the ones in the galley that you might not see.

Newscience, iolaire and TheBeerHunter like this.
  4. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know the number but I think it's a very nice idea and a really nice way to thank them for working on Christmas.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know it's a bit late for advice, but I'd just carry some extra cards and if I didn't end up giving them away, I would consolidate the balance on my own Starbucks card.

6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yup. I keep a small stack of gift cards in my backpack for such occasions. And, as HMWT said, you can consolidate them to your own SBUX card afterwards. And, if you're not a SBUX person, one of us will buy them from you. ;)

7. HNL
    Original Member

HNL Gold Member

Status Points:
    772: Three. One per aisle and one in the galley.
    773: Five. Two per aisle and one on the galley.
    763: Three to four: One in the galley and two or three working the aisles depending what the purser wants them to do.

TheBeerHunter and brodyf like this.
  8. Suliman
    Original Member

Suliman Silver Member

Status Points:
    And make sure to purchase each gift card on it's own transaction (with your balance that you've purchased from Office supply stores with your Ink card) so you get Starbucks credit for each one. :)

9. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great idea. It was three on my last flight, with ongoing support from the coach crews.

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  10. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    So in the end, we included 5 Starbucks cards, and 3 iTunes cards. We just put them all into a holiday card, thanked them for putting up with us the whole year but especially on Christmas day, and asked them to share with the crew working that day. Someone probably made out well, but that's OK. The point was to give, not to get :)

Happy New Year, all.

zpaul, karung99, brodyf and 2 others like this.