NRT SkyClub Showers

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by CrankyScott, Jun 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been through the NRT SkyClub well over 20 times but have never used the showers. My next trip I land in HND and depart from NRT with a 12 hour layover, so showers will come in handy.

Has anyone used them and can give a brief review?

2. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't used the DL showers in about 2 years but I remember the water pressure being FANTASTIC. To the point that you thought your skin might come off, it was that good.

They give you a small amenity kit as well. I don't remember it being anything to write home about.

BTW, I have also done the NRT-HND bus trip back and forth and it's convenient. The Japanese are friendly enough and always willing to help you get on the right bus. The ride took a long time because of traffic on the highway but I think that's common.

-RM

CrankyScott likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would describe the showers as very clean and functional but not fancy (like SQ in SIN) or stylish (like KLM in AMS). The toiletries aren't designer label or particularly luxurious, so you may want to plan to bring your own stuff. IIRC towels were adequate but again not particularly large or thick. I might be confusing lounge showers. but I think the NRT shower rooms contain toilets behind the door, not obvious until you enter, unlike shower rooms without toilets in AMS, DTW, etc. in contrast to LAX

CrankyScott likes this.
  4. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Rooms are managed by the front desk; they have 8 rooms available between the two Sky Clubs. The Sky Club above gates 21-25 has 5 rooms and the one above gates 11-18 has 3 rooms.

You turn in your boarding pass and in exchange get a key.

[​IMG]

Room was very clean, water was hot and very, very good pressure in the shower. Room is nicely sized and does not feel small. There is a shelf area to place your luggage and organize yourself. The shower stall is large, you could easily fit two people in there.

(4) Towels in the room (floor mat, hand, bath, face)

[​IMG]

No amenity kit is provided, so I had to comb my hair with my fingers. Fortunately I have short hair. A hair dryer is available by request from the front desk. I found that odd as it’s just not built into the room.

Soap, shampoo and rinse (conditioner) are available in large bottles that are on the sink. Not so convenient as you have to carry the large glass bottles over to the shower to use.

Missing from the room: lotion, cologne, tooth brush / paste, combs.

NYBanker likes this.
  5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the follow up....

Remember, this is DL you're talking about.