NRT Options for UA-booked, ANA-metal flight

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Albert, Mar 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Albert
    Original Member

Albert Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm currently booked on a UA-ticket, ANA-metal for JFK-NRT on 4/14, returning on 4/21. Given what's going on, I'd rather delay my Japan trip to later in the year or take another routing elsewhere in Asia. When I call United to try to change the ticket, the agent basically told me that I needed to pay the fare difference when she tried to book a flight to HKG or in December for NRT. Given the current waiver, I am not sure what my options are other than paying the fare difference. Any advice?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried to find flights for dates that can work for you and that cost roughly what your ticket did? If the phone agent only tried one or two dates, flights for those days might just have been particularly full. Looking pretty far in the future, there should be some cheap availability if you're flexible.

3. Albert
    Original Member

Albert Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will try that - although the fare I got was incredibly low.

4. Albert
    Original Member

Albert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ended up rebooking for a EWR-LHR flight for November for what I spent on the JFK-NRT flight on ANA. Really would have liked to try ANA and see Tokyo, but so it goes...