Now That There are Fees for Checked Baggage, The Service Has Improved — Right?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Canarsie, May 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

?

Since baggage fees were imposed by airlines, has the service improved?

Poll closed May 1, 2013.
  1. Tremendously!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. To an extent, yes it has.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I have noticed no appreciable difference in baggage service now than before fees were implemented.

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. No — in fact, it has worsened somewhat.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. What — are you kidding me? Baggage service is easily by far the worst I have ever seen!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did not want to check any baggage as a passenger on a flight when the service was offered free of charge to most — if not all — passengers because the service was often bad or nonexistent, which included but was not limited to...
    • Lost baggage
    • Damaged baggage
    • Delayed baggage
    ...so it stands to reason that — with many airlines now imposing various fees for checked baggage and profiting from them — the service has markedly improved...

...right?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    NO and there's no plan to improve as long as carriers don't have to refund fees for late, missing, or damaged bags. Overall the experience has gotten worse as more kettles carry all their stuff on to avoid fees. This is from someone who is exempt from fees and checks a bag perhaps about half of the time.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.