Now Skybonus is hit too

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by bigx0, Jan 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like our Skybonus account has been canceled too. We're a legit small business but we probably didn't spend enough for them to like us. Technically there's a $5K minimum annual spend but it hasn't been enforced -- well now it is. I suppose we didn't make the $5K this year (though we were close), so about 100K Skybonus points vanished without warning. I can't even check what spend was since I can't even log in anymore. Last flight was just a few week ago too, so it's not from lack of use, just from lack of dollars.

MSYgirl likes this.
  2. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    SO fed up with DL... this has gone too far

MSYgirl likes this.
  3. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems like they are sweeping every amenity as of late.

4. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gasp, I am shocked!

5. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, they axed us too. Can't complain much if we weren't hitting the required minimum spend, but no notification/forfeiture of points certainly says "and don't come back"

6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Contact them. Here's their contact info:

SkyBonus
    MS3-746
    7500 Airline Drive
    Minneapolis, MN

(877) 832-5211
    7:30am - 7pm CT, M-F
    Fax (404) 773-2100

gaijin62 likes this.
  7. William JLP

William JLP Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never paid much attention to my SkyBonus account, and never come close to the minimum spend until this past year, which they definitely weren't enforcing in the past. Back in December, though, I got a notice reminding me that I was short for the year, maybe $100 or so - easily a personal best, which must have included a couple thousand in bump vouchers. A quick call to SkyBonus determined that I was less than $20 short, I suppose using Delta Math :rolleyes:, and the very nice lady said that on January 2, the first thing she would do that day was make sure that I, and maybe six other "close calls" she was aware of, would be renewed for 2014. Before the end of the year, however, I received a second notice congratulating me on hitting the mark for another year. Whatever. I have no idea if this came about because of my call, but it definitely can't hurt to contact them. I'm a couple thousand points short of 85,000, which I'll pick up this year,and get a domestic RT, unless there is a devaluation of SkyBonus points, too. And then maybe I'll be done with Delta

Gargoyle and gaijin62 like this.
  8. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here. Lost about 40K. Whatever. I don't usually fly DL anyway.