Now on United's app: Dynamic, interactive terminal maps

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Newscience, Aug 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now on United's app: Dynamic, interactive terminal maps

Are you one of those passengers who constantly gets turned around in airport terminals? Or are you never sure if your gate is close enough to give you time to stop and grab a bite? If so, you may now be able to get some help from the latest update to United Airlines' app.

Read the story here:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...p-dynamic-interactive-terminal-maps/31617249/

milchap, Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also like the UA website.....it has facilitated my many journeys through DEN, ORD, SFO, LAX.

8MiHi and Newscience like this.
  3. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am in the updated app now. I don't see any maps?

Newscience likes this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    And just perhaps this new app will also show the location of the many UA airport clubs, which you soon won't be able to access as a club member unless you have a same day boarding pass. TBD if this means UA metal only? :mad:

United.jpg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    On an Apple phone, its to the left of the main home page. Tap the three lines on the upper left corner, then scroll down.

Newscience and Garp74 like this.
  7. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah hah! I never look there so I didn't remember to look there. Thank you!

8MiHi and Newscience like this.
  8. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would you mind editing your post to reduce the FUD? At this point, the only official signs that have been posted have stated same-day boarding pass, not same day UA metal.

Newscience likes this.
  9. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    DONE! We shall see if this new restriction for United Clubs is for those only travelling that same day on UA and partner metal. If so, let's start a national movement to cancel all the Chase United MileagePlus Club cards! For further information, see:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...ng-club-access-to-passengers-flying-same-day/

10. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    Danke! (I do agree that it sucks, and it's just a question of waiting to see exactly how much it sucks)

Newscience likes this.
  11. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here's the deal - I never enter an airline lounge without a same-day airline boarding pass - that's how I got into the secure airline boarding area in the first place!

Since the Chase United MileagePlus Club card costs $450 per year, and United Club membership costs as much as $550 per year, we United Club users aren't gratis customers when visiting a United Club. If United Airlines will require a UA or partner airline boarding pass to access their Club for Club members - and why else would these signs get posted? - it's high time for many of us to completely divorce ourselves from UA as a mode of air transportation.

BTW, here's what UA customers are also paying for:

http://skift.com/2015/04/27/united-airlines-ceo-smisek-received-a-hefty-pay-raise-in-2014/

12. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Back to the OP, "Dynamic interactive terminal maps" are likely a test run for "Dynamic interactive award pricing."

Newscience likes this.