Now Here's a Movie I Want to See!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Newscience, Jun 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Clint Eastwood to Direct Captain Sully Sullenberger Story for Warner Bros.

Read the entire story: http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...story-for-warner-bros/ar-BBkC0bi?ocid=UP97DHP

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    daninstl and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would prefer to see an independently made documentary / instead of a movie / of him, without the involvement of Hollywood. :oops:

timfrost and Newscience like this.
  3. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, @uggboy, but I may still go see it. By which I mean wait until it's released on the iTunes store and watch it in my living room.

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's already been done by the Discovery Channel here in the US (2009), perhaps it hasn't been broadcast as yet "over the pond"? See:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1384358/

uggboy likes this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps you'd at least agree that Clint Eastwood knows how to make a movie? ;)

And like timfrost, I can't remember the last time I actually went to a movie theater. Between itunes, Netflix and RedBox, there's little reason to watch a movie outside of the comfort of your home! :)

uggboy likes this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, Mr. Eastwood makes good movies, no doubt about this. It's more about how Hollywood "distorts" the real world "so depicted" in their movies as a result to please the "crowd, the accountants"....that's something I don't like. Ditto +1, we haven't been for years in a movie theater to enjoy a movie. Here in Europe we like and subscribe to Netflix, MUBI /which offers rarely seen independent cinema gems/ and DAFILMS, which acts like an independent docu cinema on our screens. :)

Newscience likes this.
  7. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Certain movies must be seen in a movie theater......very large screens and excellent surround sound.

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the link, I didn't know about this docu. We don't have Discovery Channel, I know, there's one in the UK, but we don't subcribe to Pay TV in the traditional sense, as we don't own a TV, but we enjoy TV via our laptop, eh, it's not from Apple either, our laptop is a Samsung! :)

Newscience likes this.
  9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes this could be the case, but so far we haven't been to a movie theater for years now. I doubt we missed out on much, I prefer a good meal instead in a restaurant, and when we watch "TV" it's usually online. :)

Newscience likes this.
  10. Client Eastwood is an oscar winning director his film american sniper was too patriotic for my taste