Now boarding with Apple’s Passbook: two more major airlines

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by sobore, Sep 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://gigaom.com/apple/now-boarding-with-apples-passbook-two-more-major-airlines/
    [​IMG]

It looks like United Airlines isn’t the only airline that will integrate boarding passes with Apple’s new Passbook feature coming in iOS 6. Both American Airlines and Delta Airlines are likely on board as well, according to travel industry blog Skift.

Passbook, if you’ll recall, is an Apple-created app that can hold digital boarding passes, rail tickets, movie and sporting event tickets, hotel confirmation info, coupons, gift cards and more. We got a preview in June, which showed United and Amtrak tickets, as well as Starbucks digital gift cards and a Target reward card in use. Obviously the more businesses that integrate with Passbook, the more useful the feature will be.

It’s not intended to be just a central repository; it’s supposed to be a smart tool. Passbook is location-aware and time-sensitive: when you arrive at the airport or movie theater, your boarding pass or movie ticket will pop up on your iPhone screen.

Read More: http://gigaom.com/apple/now-boarding-with-apples-passbook-two-more-major-airlines/

daemon14 likes this.
  2. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm interested in using this once iOS 6 comes out. But I'll still keep a paper copy on hand, since I tend to have trouble either at TSA or having the app reload as I'm about to board

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just take a screen shot of my boarding pass and never had a problem.

4. emajy
    Original Member

emajy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never thought of taking a screen shot! Thanks for the informing me of that!

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:

I am tired of trading in my phone for an F or C boarding pass when I get upgraded at the gate.