Now an aggrieved F/A launches online petition to the court

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by kansaskeith, Feb 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    wants to force management out.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/02/flight-attendant-launches-peti.html

I have followed this bankruptcy more closely than those of many corporations, so perhaps this is not unprecedented. But still I would wager in this case, more than most, everybody has an idea on how to do things better than the new leadership and/or the court. And it's always "make everybody else suffer except me." And everybody always wants some new level of authority, this time the court, to take his or her side.

2. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have read that this FA makes more from his blog than as an FA. He clearly doesn't care much about having an ongoing career as an FA. He is likely doing this mainly to attract attention to his blog.

Kate Hanni is a familiar figure in American Aviation. She can be relied upon to take the anti-airline position in any dispute between airlines and anyone else.

zpaul, TheBeerHunter, kyunbit and 2 others like this.
  3. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    On the other side of the coin, noting the one respondent who'd prefer to see a petition to dissolve American's unions.

zpaul, gemac and foxberg like this.
  4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why do people think these online petitions mean anything?

The signatures aren't real or verifiable. They're garbage.

LETTERBOY and gemac like this.
  5. PanAm
    Original Member

PanAm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know, you see these for everything from a TV show getting canceled, to politics, to stuff like this. It's comical really. I don't think I've ever signed one, better things to do with one's time.

LETTERBOY and gemac like this.
  6. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    This sounds like students getting signatures to throw a headmaster out.

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    What does this FA's silly fight with AA management have to do with flyers' rights? I think I am going to start a petition to have Ms. Hanni removed from her executive director position of flyersrights dot org, an organization which (IMO) is primarily designed to get her face into the media.

Skye1, LETTERBOY and gemac like this.
  8. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    As far as I know, Ms. Hanni receives a salary from that website, and it supports her. I believe that is its primary purpose.

Skye1 and LETTERBOY like this.
  9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The small print on the "Donate" page indicates that donations are not tax-deductible. They claim to be a non-profit, but does that just mean that all the money goes into the operation of the website and salaries for the executives?

Skye1, LETTERBOY and gemac like this.