Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by Kalboz, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Located just next to Phloenchit BTS Station at Soi Ruam Ruedi, the Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit is the tenth Novotel in Thailand. This hotel showcases the newest design features with the new generation of Novotel guest rooms and is an example of what the brand offers globally.​
    [​IMG]
    Guest rooms at the hotel looked stylish and comfortable with modern amenities during our visit.​
    [​IMG]
    Three Premier Executive floors to offer guests access to a small private lounge for breakfast, intimate meetings and evening cocktails. An outdoor terrace is also available to those who want to better enjoy the panoramic views of Bangkok .​
    [​IMG]
    Facilities include a restaurant, lobby lounge, four multi-function meeting rooms and a ballroom that is configurable to welcome up to 210 guests. There is also a small gym, outdoor pool and sauna in the changing room. Internet is free for guests staying on the Premier Executive Floors.​
    [​IMG]
    The hotel is celebrating its opening with a free lunch promotion. Guests who stay 3 consecutive nights will receive a complimentary buffet lunch for 2 persons. The promotion is valid until 30 April 2011.​
    [​IMG]
    The hotel's General Manager is Mr. Stanley Chan.​

yaffa, cennas, thewinchester and 4 others like this.
  2. theskyflyer
    Original Member

theskyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another BKK property to try! Thanks for posting!

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  3. I just sent an email to the hotel asking about benefits for platinum members. The answer was fast, but not that much encouraging: just bonus points and a potential late check out. But maybe the truth out there is different ;)

Anyway, still no reason for me to change from Grand Sukhumvit Bangkok or Sofitel Silom to this new Novotel

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz- this is really great- thank you for covering! Any comments about the pool (important in Bangkok)?

uggboy, Chimpy and Kalboz like this.
  5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    From the official website: [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

From TripAdvisor.com:

[​IMG]

Chimpy, uggboy and TRAVELSIG like this.
  6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Kalboz. Looks like very little sun however quite nice.

Kalboz likes this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems to be a great hotel! Thanks Kalboz, great shots, wonderful location and style!
    We also like the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport, have stayed a few times, only good things to tell!:)

Kalboz likes this.
  9. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    uggboy, Chimpy and Kalboz like this.
  10. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
  11. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Apparently hotel is very gay friendly. There is a gay restaurant located in Patpong and is named the Fenix, I think the two are related in some way. Looks like a great hotel, must give it a try.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  12. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom allows diners to double their pleasure during month-long 1st anniversary celebration.
    [​IMG]

uggboy likes this.
  13. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    A gorgeous new hotel, beautiful photos, in the heart of the City of Life, Bangkok! Thanks Kalboz!:)

Kalboz likes this.
  14. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you any Favourite Accor property in Bangkok right now?

Kalboz likes this.
  15. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    They all have their pluses: depends really where in BKK you want/need to be and how much you want to spend. I do quite like the Lotus managed by Accor on Suk 33 actually as the rennovation was very well done (completed very recently as in a couple of weeks ago), the location is excellent, and the staff are friendly. It is not a fancy hotel at all, but a solid choice for business in Bangkok with very reasonable prices.

16. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    The view from a hotel room looking west towards Chitlom showing mostly the newly built upcoming Okura Hotel. Photo by Will Lee.

uggboy likes this.
  17. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

I have difficulties on finding the right Accor Hotel for my next trip to BKK in December. Currently I'm stuck between Pullman or Sofitel or Novotel. My other hotel into my list are Millennium Hilton or Intercontinental. For those Bangkok frequent traveler, please advise.

18. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    You mention several properties which are different in terms of budget and location. Accor has many properties and Sofitel has at least 3 separate hotels in Bangkok (and more are on the way). IMO, this Novotel has the best location right beside Phloenchit BTS skytrain station.
    [​IMG]
    The Millennium Hilton Bangkok which is located by the river, has a free boat/shuttle to the nearby Saphan Taksin skytrain station which is needed to see the entire city. You can also take the boat bus an easy 10 minute cruise up the river for less than a $1 per person (THB 18) and get off at Tha Chang pier to see the Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Pho, etc.
    [​IMG]
    While the ICH is a nicer property located in the heart of Bangkok also by a skytrain stop, Chitlom BTS station.
    [​IMG]
    Intercontinental Bangkok Hotel Photo by Uggboy

Putra and uggboy like this.
  19. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The new Okura Bangkok? Gorgeous tower!:)

Kalboz and Jimgotkp like this.
  20. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    All three are gorgeous, they offer gorgeous locations, architecture and diverse price points. Thanks Kalboz! Now the ICB photo is amazing, no bias here!:)

Kalboz likes this.
  21. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    :D :D :D ... yes, indeed a great shot that combines the the exterior with the skytrain with how nice its interior looks. Here is another shot:
    [​IMG]

22. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear Kalboz and others,

I don't know whether the range of my list different but the price on my planning date are about the same thats why I have troublesome on finding the best and right place for me.

Sofitel Silom : 14k Baht Luxury Club Sofitel (Confirmed upgrade to Suite)
    Intercontinental : 14.5k Grande Deluxe using FnF rates.
    Pullman : 13.5K for Executive Club Room
    Millenium Hilton : 14.5k for Executive Club

If you were me, which one would you choose? For now, I'm about to go for Sofitel. My requirement was 5 star, a "wow" factor in term of room/Club experience and perfect service. Surrounding with food stall/night market is an added advantage.

PS : Sorry I don't know where to post this question.

Kalboz likes this.
  23. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Putra- out of your options I would recommend the Intercontinental due to location and overall hotel- do make sure a Grande Deluxe includes club access. I am guessing based on the pricing you are talking about for two nights? You may want to also look at a Deluxe room in the Four Seasons with Club Access.

Putra and Kalboz like this.
  24. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Travelsig,

For IC Bangkok, its just plain grande deluxe since I don't have any status with them. The price for all of hotel are 3 nights based. FS are totally out of my budget since I will splurge more at Phuket rather than Bangkok. Total out of my list above, IC are the most expensive but from picture at TA, its a bit up in term of standard that I could imagine. What do you think about Sofitel? Is it run down, tired hotel?

PS: If any decent hotel that are in range of my budget which is between 4000-4500 THB for 23-26 December still out of my list. please do suggest me :)

*Sofitel Bangkok Silom

Kalboz and TRAVELSIG like this.
  25. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Putra- you may want to look also at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and the Conrad. Sofitel is a nice hotel however i don't like the location on Silom- just a personal thing.

Putra likes this.