Not permitted to use AS MP number on DL flight...

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Apr 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flew SIN-NRT-SEA recently on DL. Yes, on DL. You know why.

At SIN checkin I first attempted to add my AS MP number at the kiosk. No dice, the FFP field was grayed out. I then requested manual checkin assistance. The agent spent some time attempting to input my MP number but could not do it. She informed me, the system will not permit it. To her credit, the agent basically said, never mind, mail in your BPs to AS MP anyway and retroclaim. Muahaha! The reason given was that previous flights on this ticket (one on AZ at least) had my SM number on the res and after travel commences, the FFP number cannot be changed. This explanation conveniently overlooks the fact of the preceding EY sector for which I used my AZ number. I encountered no problem in adding my AZ number at the AUH CS desk.... but then, EY are not, well you know.

These flights did post to SM with a total accumulation of a few hundred SM - about 15% of what AS MP would credit and of course that's not scaled for the actual usability differential between AS MP and DL SM....

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is that DL won''t let you change the FF number in the middle of an itinerary. However, when you check in with other carriers, DL cannot prevent you from doing this. Also, DL might not be able to see the FF number on segments not ooperated by DL,, especiallyy if those segments are already flown. In fact, the other carrier segments might not appear on your DL PNR at all, depending on how the trip was ticketed.

3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, we all know why Jeff expends resource on preventing these tactics... the DL PNR did not show EY or AZ, interestingly enough but AZ.COM showed all sectors.

He may resist this but Jeff won't be able to prevent OPEN SKIES, in part as a revolt by customers against all the market abuses and manipulations, ultimately....but I agree by the time that happens, Jeff won't need to care much about it. He'll be retired. It would be amusing if his lifetime DL BE travel deal was upset by future DL's withdrawl from his home airport and he was forced to fly F9 or B6 anyway...consumer revenge!